Cologne Opera - Restoration of the wall panelling and doors
On Offenbachplatz in the middle of the city centre of the Rhine metropolis Cologne stands the Opera House, built in the fifties. It was inaugurated on 18 May 1957 after almost 2 years of construction. The building is now a listed monument and, with 1346 seats for visitors, is one of the so-called "large houses".
In June 2012, the go-ahead was given for extensive renovation work, in which Muhlenhof Restaurierungen GmbH was also involved. Our tasks included the restoration of the wall panelling and doors with regard to sound and fire protection as well as acoustics.